Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An exciting week for poetry and books!

It's been an exciting week for poetry and books. Early on in the week, I did a reading at Lesley McKay's bookshop in Woollahra with a live fairy performing actions for, I Love You Book.

I gave a talk last night at the launch of Australian Poetry Ltd, where 150 people turned up at the Australia Council building in Surry Hills. Brendan Cowell MC'd the event and Bob Adamson gave a couple of poetry readings. I spoke about the importance of poetry in education and how it can help your children think more creatively.

A message from Ben Lee in Los Angeles 

Ben Lee, Brendan Cowell and Kylie Farmer were announced as Cultural Ambassadors for Australian Poetry.

And,  a student of mine, Ambrose McNamara read her fine poem.


Leah Greengarten the NSW Director organised a stunning event!

Here are some more images from the big night...

In between these events, I dined at the Hughendon Hotel in Woollahra and met Lucy Christopher of the novel, Stolen, fame. It was great to hear of the work she is doing in the UK and Wales. And, I hope to visit her when I am in England next.



No comments:

Post a Comment