Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A poetry reading & an interview on Life Matters

A reading of I Love You Book at Kido store in Clovelly, where my grandchildren helped me read the story in a gorgeous kid's atmosphere, complete with a bed for the children to sit on!

The poetry reading at the Harold Park Pub (Poets in The Pub, a monthly reading organised by Roberta Lowing) of poems for my upcoming poetry book, Collecting Evidence.

At the ABC studio - photo by Tracey Trompf

In an interview on Life Matters for I Love You Book I say the story is a homage to the paper book, it is celebrating the sensory aspects of it with Heath McKenzies lively artwork. I made sure it is not a denial of the place of technology in kid's lives today with an illustration of a kid's bedroom complete with TV and computer. The essential message is cuddle up with a book and let your imagination go.

No comments:

Post a Comment