Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Poetry Writing & a Poet Extraordinaire

MURIEL RUKEYSER (1913-1980)

Last week I attended the Powerhouse Discovery Centre to discuss several exciting ideas for poetry writing with young people - more on this later..

This week more poetry as I begin a journey with 18 primary school students on my poetry program VIVID: The River of Life.

On a personal note, I'm reading the stunning work of Muriel Rukeyser (1913-1980). She is an American Poet whose Collected Poems and I chanced upon in Berkelouws Books in Glebe and what a gift it is!

 Tell Myself 

Trust in experience. And, in the rhythms,  the deep rhythms of your experience. 

(from Overthrow of One O'clock at Night - Muriel Rukeyser)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Libby,

    I was wondering how I contact you about the anthology of women writers.

    My name is Jessie Tu
    jay2fay@gmail.com

    Thank you, I look forward to speaking with you again!

    ReplyDelete